Member and Community Information
CASA (County Aquatics Swimming Association) is a community team
affiliated with the Bernalillo County Aquatics Department and United
States Swimming. Children and adults, ages 2 and older are welcomed
into the club. We have several age and ability groups.
- Generally younger children learning to swim, ages 2-6. They
learn the basic strokes and are able to swim a 50 meter lap.
- General Workout: 30 minutes, varies according to accomplishment.
- 10&Under kids fine-tune their strokes, learn flip-turns, and
diving starts, both on and off the block. They build stamina and
are able to complete a 100 meter lap. Here they are also introduced
to competition and meets.
- General Workout: 1 hour, 1800 meters, emphasis on strokes.
- 11-12 kids. These kids are more competative and more emphasis is
placed on strokes, rules of competition and speed. Stamina, endurance
and conditioning are the focii of workouts.
- General Workout: 1.5 hours, 2000+ meters.
- 13-14 and Seniors swim much along the same lines as the 11-12,
with a stonger emphasis put on the conditioning and stroke.
- General Workout: 1 hour in the morning, 1.5 hours in the evening,
4500+ meters a day.
Donations to the club are tax-deductible, as we are a non-profit
organization that thrives on fundraisers and donations. Donations
in the form of a check should be made out to CASA and noted as
a donation in the memo section. They should be mailed to:
6321 Howe Dr. SW
Albuquerque NM 87105
To swim for CASA, you need to live in the Albuquerque area, be willing
to come to practice on a daily basis and either be a member or be
willing to join United States Swimming as a swimmer. Then let us
know at either the address or come on down to practice in the afternoon
at the Rio Grande Pool, 2300 Arenal SW. Practice begins at 3 pm.
Any problems with this page, please let us know at CASATiburones@usa.net.